UNIZIK Nape/Aapg OFFICIAL WEBSITE
YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL HOME PAGE OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PETROLEUM GEOLOGISTS AND THE NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION OF PETROLEUM EXPLORATIONISTS CHAPTERS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA. PLEASE DO HELP US OUT BY FILLING OUR GUEST BOOKFOR ANY SUGESTION ON HOW TO IMPROVE THIS SITE PLEASE CONTACT THE SITE MANAGER OR THE PRESIDENT ON THIS E-MAIL :email@example.com or call; +2348137648689
FACULTY SPONSOR: Prof. Okechukwu L. Anike
CURRENT EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
President: EZENWANNE, CHIOMA
Vice President: OGUADINMA, VIVIAN
Secretary: OKOLI, NNAEMEKA
Assistant Secretary: ADINMONYE, UJU
Webmaster: CHUKWUMA, DADSON
Treasurer: EZEIKE, MARYJANE U.
P.R.O 1: UMEOKOLI, IFEOMA
P.R.O 2: OBI, EMEKA
Social and Welfare: NWANKWERE, IKENNA
NAU AAPG/NAPE'S PURPOSE
The purposes of this Association is to advance the science of geology, especially as it relates to petroleum, natural gas, other subsurface fluids, and mineral resources; to promote the technology of exploring for, finding, and producing these materials in an economically and environmentally sound manner; to foster the spirit of scientific research throughout its membership; to disseminate information relating to the geology and the associated technology of petroleum, natural gas, other subsurface fluids, and mineral resources; to inspire and maintain a high standard of professional conduct on the part of its members; to provide the public with means to recognize adequately trained and professionally responsible geologists; and to advance the professional well-being of its members.
UNIZIK beats other African universities to win AAPG Imperial Barrel Award(Cross section of Unizik IBA Team and Gillbert Odior)
We currently have a membership strength of over 270 members, and in the past six months, under the current executive, we have facilitated the registration of more students for AAPG and/or NAPE membership and still growing.
- 1. The Nnamdi Azikiwe University chapter of NAPE and AAPG have successfully conducted their election for new executives. See above here-in for a list of the new executives
- 2. The Nnamdi Azikiwe University successfully hosted the first ever Southeastern NAPE and AAPG student chapter presidents meeting and leadership training. Kindly contact the president for more information.
- 3. Our University Chapter emerged as the first southeastern school in Nigeria to win the Africa Regional Imperial Barrel Award Competition by March, 2013 and will be proceeding to Pittsburg, USA for the finals.
- 4. A field trip will be organised this semester on the 4th of May, 2013, all NAPE members should take note.
- 5. The African Geoscience Students Conference is coming up between May 8th to 11th, 2013 and the location is the University of Lagos, Lagos state, Nigeria. Unizik students are gearing up for it. Are you one of them?
- 6. The annual technical session for Nape UNIZIK chapter will hold on the 31st of May, 2013. This years technical session promises to be interesting and captivating and we will be featuring top resource persons and alumni's in the oil and gas industries.
- 7. Nape unizik are planning for an excursion to Nigerian Petroleum and Development Company soon which will be before this semester exams or after.
...........Kindly visit this page often for new updates. Thanks
Coming up events and programmes
The chapter will be celebrating the NAPE week with so many activities lined up.Plans were put underway by the new executive as soon as they were handed over the running of NAPE/AAPG, a field trip to locations in Anambra state, Mbaukwu limestone outcrop and Abia state, Lokpatan oil seepage.
Also plans are on the way for an excursion to some oil and gas companies to learn about the lastest trends in te industry.
Visit this site regularly as new updates of field trips and more will be added soon towards a rewarding year for the students and NAPE/AAPG student chapter of UNIZIK.